The Big 24

I turned 24 on Saturday!  It was a fabulous day.  Burke took me to St. George for the day where we went to breakfast with our friends the Homers (who we haven't seen in almost 2 years!), did sealings at the temple while Cassie watched Daphne, visited Nellie & Chev, the Ridings, and the Rowleys, went shopping and bought me a new pair of jeans, ate frozen yogurt at Krave, drove home to Mesquite where Burke made me my traditional candy cane cake and watched Cars 2 (hilarious, definitely watch it if you haven't had the chance yet) after Daphne went to bed!  Woo, what a great birthday!  Thanks for all the birthday calls, texts and messages, they certainly brightened my day.

I only managed to take a picture of the cake with the same plastic toppers that my mom has been using since I was probably 4.  I love that Burke remembered my special cake and took such great care of me all day (and every day!).

A lot of big things have happened to me this year: I graduated and became a teacher, I became a mother, I moved to a new state and am now living in a house that we don't have enough furniture to fill.  It feels like with all those things I should now be an official "grown up", but somehow I still feel like I'm only pretending to be an adult.  I think only Burke knows the truth of just how much growing up I still have to do as he witnesses me spilling my food, stubbing my toe, and putting my foot in my mouth on a daily basis. :)

On this birthday, I am so grateful for good health, a comfortable home to live in, always plenty to eat and wear, and technology that helps me stay close to my family and friends through email/phone calls/blogs.  I am most grateful for my husband who treats me like gold and continues to make me laugh on a daily basis, for a chubby-cheeked daughter who has brought limitless joy to my life and for a Heavenly Father who has been by my side through all the ups and downs of life.  Here's to another wonderful year!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday to you!!