Lil' Faker

Someone just recently told me that their baby does a fake cough to get them to smile.  Well Daphne did the same thing this morning!  She was coughing for real and when she saw my look of concern she started doing this totally fake cough followed by a gigantic smile.  Every time I would look away she would start doing it again and wait for the reaction.  So cute!  I love that in little ways like that she is getting more interactive and playful.

Oh my heck! I am laughing so hard right now.  I just put her down for her morning nap a couple of minutes ago and she has been babbling in her crib and as I was typing she just started doing that silly cough again!  She's waiting for the reaction - I love it!

Also, I'm 90% sure she said Mom twice this morning while we babbled back and forth, but obviously not on purpose.  I was still stoked!  What a little angel.

Side Note: I found a bunch of cute pictures on my phone from the last couple of months, like these ones of Daphne and Daddy hanging out on the couch - this is a common scene in the evenings around here.

Meanwhile, Burke and I were asked to sing at a multi-faith Christmas program on Sunday night.  We have forgotten about it all week - yikes!  I think Burke will play the guitar while I sing "Mary's Lullaby" ("For you are a King / but tonight you are mine").  We need to get practicing quick!  Do any of you have any other good religious Christmas duets?  As long as we're throwing together something last minute, we might as well learn something new!

Besides that, we are looking forward to our Ugly Sweater Christmas Party tonight.  Hopefully we will actually have some guests show up as the Larsens and Burrs had work Christmas parties, Cassie, Cath & Danelle all have their ward Christmas party (they all live in the same ward), and the Gonzalezes will be just crashing from a week out of town for work.  If not, Burke and I are going to look pretty cool in our sweaters we borrowed and getting sick off of all the goodies we bought for the evening!  Hope your weekend is wonderful!

Comments

Erica said…
Get ready.. she may start doing a fake sneeze too. it's so good even strangers say bless you Haha
Mindy said…
You have been a bloggin' fool! And I ain't complain'!