Merry and Bright

Here are a few of our Christmas-y photos we took, interspersed with a few reasons why I'm "merry and bright" this morning:


1) We drove to St. George last night and got to see my cute nieces and nephew for a second.  It made my day to hear that both Lydia and Emmett had asked at separate times if they could spend Christmas in Mesquite with Auntie Em and Uncle Burke.  I'm so glad they love us as much as we love them!


2) We then bought a massive 40 pound turkey to go along with a bunch of other food and gifts we have been collecting in a big box for a needy family we know in St. George.  Door bell ditching that stuff and seeing their reaction from a secret spot made me giddy and full of warm fuzzies all night.  Definitely a new family tradition!


3) Following our Secret Santa mission, we joined our dear friends the Gonzalezes and the Beitlers (minus Zack - who was missed)  for homemade pizzas, games and Kels even made me a birthday cake (thoughtful lady) for dessert!  Since we haven't become super close with any of our new acquaintances in Mesquite yet, it was incredibly refreshing to spend time with friends that we feel completely at ease with and enjoy lots of laughs with (and at!) them.  My favorite part was when little Ezra came up to the table when we were all laughing our heads off at Ever and asked with a huge grin on his face, "Daddy, are they making fun of you?"  So cute - and yes, yes we were. :)


4) THIS video of Mindy Gledhill's incredibly catchy Christmas song.  Burke and I have been singing it off and on for the past week.  I'm going to make him learn it on the guitar and be all the puppet voices. :)


5) I'm working on some really cool projects right now when Daphne naps that I will keep under wraps until after Christmas.  They are making me so happy!  Can you say "Spirit of Elijah"?


6) We are headed to Parowan tonight for Christmas in 2 days!  Hooray!  In case I don't write again until after the holidays, Merry Christmas to one and all!  I look forward to honoring our Savior, Jesus Christ, and hope we never forget that He is the reason for all this holiday joy.  


Comments