52 Dates: #18 - Windy Picnic and Mesquite Days


1 picnic basket
1 bowl of watermelon
2 subway sandwiches
1 bag of chips
2 water bottles
1 quilt
2 baseball mitts
1 soccer ball


+

30 mph winds

=

a park all to your self!


Despite the wind, it was so fun to get out, throw a baseball and play some soccer with the hubby.  It has been YEARS people.  YEARS.  I used to be a pretty decent player and I never thought I would stop.  

Senior year - right halfback (wing) - one of the ways I used to define myself

Amazing how the things that used to be so important to us sometimes fall to the sidelines of our lives.


I will be so thrilled if our little lady becomes a soccer player herself some day!


And you better believe I am going to be at every stinking game!


Oh yeah - and then we went to a mini carnival for Mesquite Days, ate LEGIT tacos al pastor while slurping down a delicious Texas Twister, heard about how Brogan spent $350 bucks at one of the carnival games and left empty handed (are we serious?!), and watched Rusty nearly toss his cookies on one of the spinny rides.  All in all a successful date night.

Comments

Mindy said…
You are like LITERALLY smiling in the soccer photo. Love it. Did you play every game like that all the time? Haha :)