Low

In Parowan for Memorial Day weekend. I just brought no-nap-Daph home from church where she was having a flip out and causing a scene.  Truthfully, I am glad for a minute alone, although it's frustrating listening to her pre-sleep tantrum on the monitor while trying to type on an unfamiliar keyboard.

Today I feel low.  I hurt a loved one yesterday.  It was unintentional, but it has altered our relationship and I feel sick about the consequences.  Sometimes I tire of being me.  I weary of hearing my loud opinions dominate the conversation while that nagging voice inside keeps telling me to stop making a fool of myself.  I blush recalling my words and cringe knowing I will do more stupid things tomorrow.  I wonder if I will ever change.

Comments

Mindy said…
You might have said something that hurt someone yesterday. But I can guarantee that you have said things to UPLIFT, INSPIRE, TEACH and SHOW LOVE to people. Don't be so hard on yourself. Try to do better tomorrow and keep on keeping on, dear. :) The fact that your heart hurts demonstrates your compassion and tender heart.
Lo-train said…
I cannot believe what timing this post has come at! I just got off the phone with a friend whom I had hurt unintentionally a few weeks ago and she just barely told me about it, I was sick. And came to the conclusion that I just need to be more quiet. I have told myself this one million times, but obviously still have yet to overcome this short coming of mine. So basically I know exactly how you feel, it's the worst. But you, just like I, will get over it soon and Mindy brings up a very great point. Good luck!