Things I've Been Meaning to Blog About

Here are some recent things I've wanted to document for journal purposes, but don't want to write an entire blog about each one.  Also, I've been wanting to post these pictures of some of the pretty desert plants in bloom around our house, so here they are!


 Bottlebrush Bush in our front yard

1) The Solar Eclipse - saw it through a welding mask on Sunday while sitting on blankets on the church lawn at a Stake Girls Camp meeting.  I love that our stake leaders brought blankets, popsicles and cold water so we could our meeting outside.

Image found HERE

2) Cross Fit - we started two weeks ago and can already feel a HUGE difference.  Muscles I didn't even know I had have been aching like crazy.  Our exercise schedule now goes like so: M = Run/Tennis, T = Crossfit, W = Swimming, TH = Crossfit, F = free day, S = long run (still dreaming of a half marathon), Sun = rest.  I'm in the best shape that I've been in for probably 2 or more years!


Can't remember the name of this one


3) We celebrated the first of a life full of Mother's Day two weeks ago!  It was a simple day, but Burke wrote me a sweet card and Daphne was an angel.  I had to speak in church on young motherhood.  Bishop Wursten called at 8:00 on Friday night to ask me if I could do it, so I was a little worried it wouldn't feel right with so little time to write my talk.  However, I think it turned out nicely in the end.  I am so grateful to be a mother.

  
Don't know the name of this tree, but I love the purple blossoms.

4) Daphne's top two front teeth have been coming in and it has been a nightmare!  She's been waking up 3 and 4 times in the night, her nose is a continual faucet of snot and she has this horrible phlegmy cough, but doesn't know how to spit the phlegm out, so she ends up gagging on it and throwing up.  Poor baby.


The garden about two months along.

5) Our garden has been struggling.  It is already so hot here (in the hundreds most afternoons) that despite my morning watering, I don't think they're getting enough moisture.  We begun watering in the evenings too, but some of our plants may already be too far gone.  I'm quite disappointed - I had hoped to eat garden fresh peas and green beans this summer.  The sandy soil might by another reason why they are not growing well.  I need to ask around and learn more about desert gardening for next time.

Comments