Tease

My Burkie is a chronic tease.  This can sometimes be uncomfortable for people who don't understand his sense of humor.  Like when people ask how we met and Burke says how he had to wait to marry me until I graduated from high school.  I just roll my eyes, but people laugh nervously and look me up and down out of the corner of their eyes trying to assess my age and wondering, "Did he really?"  He steals compliments ALL the time, like at Josie and Rick's wedding for example when one of my friends would say, "You look so cute!" (like Whitney to a preggo Abby) and if Burke is standing by he says in a dead serious voice, "Well thank you!" as if the compliment were meant for him.  I think he's hilarious, but like I said, sometimes people can't tell when he's joking or not and it can make for some really prime discomfort.

All of that to say that Burke has taken his teasing to the extreme with a baby in the house, but since Daphne can't understand his jokes, he settles on mauling and pestering her to death.  Good thing she's such a good sport, but sometimes I worry she's going to learn to be aggressive because she gets so tired of her Daddy being in her face all the time.  It's sweet to me how much he loves and delights in his daughter. Here's a little video to show you an example of The Burue loving on The Phodile.   


Comments

Lo-train said…
We definitely think Burkey is one of the funniest people we know. When you were describing the things he does we could picture it perfectly. Funny vid!
Liv Blair said…
I love how happy Burke is in this video! So adorable!