Daph Stats: Month 7


Dear Daphne,

What a delightful month baby girl!  Although these pictures don't show much change in your physical appearance, you are developing rapidly in your intellect and personality.  This month, I noticed primarily how much more involved you are with your surroundings.  If there is music playing, you look around to find where the sounds are coming from.  If people are talking, you look back and forth between the speakers.  When I'm trying to feed you, you get distracted by the smallest things, even your own shadow on the counter!  Anything within grasp must be examined for texture and taste.  You are also increasingly more vocal when your needs are not met immediately when you want them to be.  This makes mixing up your food or shaking a bottle interesting, because as soon as you lay eyes on it you want it right now and will squeal with frustration until it is in your hands or mouth.  You are no longer content to lay in your car seat while we are out running errands, but want to sit up or get out and take in all the sights, sounds and smells around you.  We tried putting you in the grocery cart seat for the first time last week and you lasted about 5 minutes before you bonked your face on the bar while trying to eat it.  We'll try again next time.


You remain my happy little lady, ever sunny and eager to smile.  I can't count how many times people have told me what a good baby you are.  It makes me feel very fortunate, but also a little nervous when I wonder what your little brothers and sisters will be like some day.  Hopefully they will take after their big sister and be a joy to mother!


You sit up like a champ now and play contentedly with your toys on the floor, although you still refuse to roll from your back to your front or scoot for that desired object just out of reach.  However, I know you can move because every time I come get you from your naps you are in a different position and place than the original spot I laid you down in.  I'm confident you'll figure it out soon.


One of my favorite new tricks that you do is playing with your feet and shoving your toes in your mouth whenever you lay down.  It is so precious to me, especially when you try to smile while still sucking on your big toe - too cute!


You didn't have a clue what was going on during Christmas, but you sure made the cutest Santa's Helper I've ever seen.  I also appreciate that you are playing so good with the gifts we got for you.  It will be fun to see how you react next year.

You squawk and babble when it's just you and I at home, but when we're out in public, you are usually so immersed in the action that you forget to make a single peep.  You love to eat and have yet to turn down a new veggie or fruit. You get a little ticked when I change your clothes and let me know with little indignant grunts and yelps.  
  

You love your Papa, tubby time, singing songs, reading stories, your bouncer, looking in the mirror and chewing anything in hand.  You snuggle into my neck in the mornings and burrow your head while giggling as Dad chases us around the kitchen.  I'm melancholy when I think of these days passing - they have truly been the most peaceful, joyful and satisfying of my life.  Thank you for being the joy behind my smile.  Grow on little one.

Love you forever and always,

Your Mama


Comments

Anonymous said…
Her little leg warmers are the cutest! And in a couple of those pictures she looks just like you!
The Burr's said…
Daphne is such a gorgeous little girl!! I love her cute leggings:) It was so good to see you guys for a minute!