Resolutions

I am pleased to say I have done quite well keeping my 2011 resolutions which were:

1) Survive student teaching and graduate as an English Secondary Education Major. *CHECK*
2) Give birth to a healthy baby without Burke passing out during my labor *CHECK* - although the C-section wasn't planned, we still got her here safe and sound.
3) Read "Jesus the Christ" along with my study of the New Testament
4) Reach my pre-pregnancy weight by next Christmas (if not sooner).  *CHECK CHECK* Weighing under my starting weight now - wahoo!
5) Be a good mama to my baby & a good wife to my husband as I adjust to motherhood.
6) Read the Ensign from cover to cover *Semi-Check* I am halfway through the October General Conference issue and plan to finish this week to complete that goal.

Notice there are no checks next to numbers 3 & 5.  I actually never started "Jesus the Christ" this year and I am still 70 pages away from finishing the New Testament.  This goal will carry over to this year!  Also, I realized later that goal #5 is pretty ambiguous.  I feel like we've had a great 6 months adjusting to parenthood and so I will call that a success, although my resolutions this coming year will be more specific.

What a good feeling to have accomplished so much in 2011.  It's crazy to think that at the start of this year, Burke was just beginning a new job after 5 months of unemployment and pursuing job opportunities in Logan with Campbell Scientific.  From then to now have been a blur with student teaching, switching jobs, graduation, having a baby, and making a move to Mesquite.  I feel like Burke and I have both grown leaps and bounds this year, individually and in our marriage because of (or in spite of?) all the big changes that have happened in our lives.  With Daphne's birth it has certainly been the most meaningful year of my life and I look forward to continuing to grow in 2012.

 My resolutions for 2012 are as follows:

1) Interview Grandma Ellsworth and her children, gather pictures/documents and complete her written history in book format by the end of 2012.
2) Work on my genealogy line and try to find family names to take to the temple.
3) Finish transcribing great-great-great-grandma Catherine's journal and continue to research the Civil War Era.
4) Be Daphne's #1 fan and assist her as she learns to crawl, walk and maybe even begin talking this year.  Read to her daily, finish her baby book, keep her safe from harm and teach her about Jesus.
5) Temple work with Burke at least once a month and more frequently as Daphne gets older and can play with cousins.
6) 52 date nights with my sweetheart Alan Burke documented via blog!
7) Continue to do scripture study every day, read the Ensign from cover to cover each month, but improve on personal prayers at night.
8) Read Jesus the Christ
9) Run a half marathon with Burke (we're planning on the Top of Utah in August!)
10) Read at least 1 leisure book per month

I am excited about all of these goals and plan to document my progress here as I work on them throughout the year.  I am especially excited to tell you about goal #3, but will save it for another day.  Happy New Years to one and all!  I hope you take the opportunity to start fresh!

Comments