Adams Family Visit

The rest of the week was spent with the Adams family in Parowan.  On Thursday (Dec 30) we had a special opportunity to have Richard and Elaine Shurtleff, the incredible couple Burke and I lived with briefly in Paris, and their family over for dinner.  Richard's mother and brother, Jim, live in Parowan and Jim actually used to herd sheep for the Alan several years ago before they sold the flock.  As soon as the Shurtleff's showed up I got teary-eyed thinking about all this amazing couple did for us while we were so far away from home.  They were a huge answer to prayer and I will forever feel a deep love for them and the service they rendered us.  I loved the way Richard pulled me into a bear hug, kissed me on the forehead and called me precious and the way Elaine gaped when we told them we were expecting a little one!  It was so tender to me.  


Over the next few days there were more games,


Playing with the babies,




gift giving,


food, movies, Wii, chores at the farm and visiting with immediate and extended family.  What a good time!

Comments

Marinda said…
Oh how wonderful to visit with the Shurtleffs! What great people. And I love the picture of your sweet niece with her finger in her nose. Priceless!