New Years

We were officially l-a-m-e on New Years Eve.  It was 10:30 when we decided to bust out the sparkling cider, make a toast and hit the hay.  The picture below wasn't even from that night, but a few nights prior when Burke decided to dance around in the frigid yard with sparklers!


However, New Years day was awesome!  The nieces wanted to ride horses, so we headed down for a day at the farm.  I loved this middle picture of Lyndee, our little niece in St. George who doesn't have a lot of snow gear (for obvious reasons) and got plastic bags wrapped around her tennis shoes for the day.  Ha ha!


The girls had a great time riding the horses and Burke and I even went for a quick trot before we realized the ground was super icy and the last thing we would want would be for the horse to fall on the pregnant girl.  I loved this picture of all the little ladies except the 3 smallest babies - 9 Adams nieces in total and no boys...yet!


While the girls took turns on Cinco and Kelby (the horses), Uncle Burke entertained everyone by pulling sleds and tubes behind the four-wheelers around the farm yard.


The air was crisp, but it was a gorgeous day to be outside enjoying the winter wonderland.


At one point Brett rigged up a rope behind the four-wheeler and snowboarded all over the snow covered fields.  Burke tried a spin, forgetting his bruised ribs and managed to injure himself all over again.  Silly boy.


After a lovely afternoon warming up with grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup, Burke and I decided to head for home.  It had been a wonderful couple of weeks of family time, but we after 16 days away from our little apartment, we were anxious to return.  As we pulled into St. George it was strange for me to realize how at home I feel in this city now, the excitement I felt about returning to our ward and the anticipation of starting school again.  As much fun as we had with both families, I felt good about digging into the new year and excited to see what 2011 will bring!

Comments

Marinda said…
What? You're excited to start school again? Looks like a great new years day!
Anonymous said…
Oh I love it!! Thanks for sharing! :) btw---- I find myself keeping your blog up on one of my browser tabs so i can listen to the music :) lol Love ya! xoxo stef