Hello World!


After drinking 32 ounces this morning an hour before my apt (how I did not pee my pants is still a wonder) we were led by Helen, our ultrasound tech, to a dimly lit room to be greeted by this...


I was shocked to see our sweet baby squirming around like crazy on the inside, but still not being able to feel a single bump from the outside.  I cried when I saw this beautiful smiling face that already has Daddy's nose.


Just in case you can't tell, that is the little chest (the black spot is where the heart was beating) and on top of that is the head with a slight smile, nose and the right eye showing with the left eye in shadow.  Incredible!  Helen kept trying to get a glimpse of the gender as she took her measurements and assessed that all 10 fingers and 10 toes were in place, that the blood flowed properly, and the heart had 4 valves, but baby was incredibly modest, always crossing legs or putting a foot in front.  Helen took this picture for us as proof!


Can you see the little feet and the right leg crossed over the left one?  Helen poked at my belly a little to try and get the baby to move into a better position and I coaxed, "Come on little buddy, let us take a look."  Helen just laughed and said, "Oh, that's not a little buddy, honey. That's a little princess!"

  
So, yes, hugest shock of the year...we are having a baby GIRL!  Both Burke and I were convinced this little one was a fella the entire pregnancy.  Our little lady is probably pretty indignant that she has been referred to as "he" the past 5 months, but hopefully she'll get over it by the time she arrives.  

After the ultrasound we whipped up a quick surprise for our family here in St. George and then rendezvoused at Catherine's house.  We put 4 lines of a poem in 2 pink and 2 blue balloons for each of the families to pop that said:

The day we've waited for is finally here!
We're glad to have our family near.
Cause today has been an exciting whirl,
And we can't wait to tell you if it's a boy or girl!

Then we had 3 black balloons (so they couldn't see inside) and had Lyndee, Lydia and Emmett each pop one to find out the gender.  Emmett stomped on his and out tumbled the slip of paper with a pink hair bow clipped on that said, "It's A Girl!"  We got some great reactions and still can't believe that our little lady is going to be granddaughter number TEN in the Adams family.  


Cassie and I are so excited to have girls just 2 months apart from each other, with 4 other girl cousins (2 on the Bush side and 2 on the Adams) within the last year!  I hope they all grow up to be best friends! :) 


I can't believe how much my love for this darling baby continues to grow as I watch my belly stretch and wonder when I'm going to start feeling her move.  I can't believe she is inside of me growing bigger and more perfect every day.  I love when Burke talks to her and we lay in bed wondering about the dramatic way our lives are about to change.  I know we probably don't have a clue about the things we are going to learn, but we are so excited nonetheless.  Here is baby's beautiful profile that I can't wait to snuggle in just 20 more weeks! :) 


Comments

The Ropers said…
Yay!! Congrats!!! I'm so excited for you to have a girl!!! I'm way jealous!! Ha! I hope mine turns out to be a girl!! ;) but I'm planning on a boy! Even got a name picked out for him! Lol!! Congrats again how exciting!! :)
Emily Congrats! That is so exciting! I am super happy for you guys!
Nicki said…
Congrats Emily! I'm so excited for you to have a little girl. Being a new mom is so much fun, even if it is a huge life change:) I am just so happy for you guys!
Anonymous said…
Oh Emily!!!! :) Congratulations! A little girl!! :) Love you long time and so happy for you!!
Niki said…
Emily! Congrats on the baby GIRL! For some reason I thought it was a boy too... ha ha. Hope you don't mind the blog stalking- I just love your blog! Congrats again! so exciting!
Oh so excited!! Cass told me yesterday when we saw everyone's cars at Catherine's. I'm SO SO excited. Having a girl first has been awesome! You will love it and you are right you can't even imagine how much it will change your life until it happens. It is incredible! Good luck sweet girl.
Marinda said…
Isn't it amazing! What a feeling - and technology is incredible too. I wish I could see your cute belly in person. You and Cassie are darling!
Whitney said…
Congratulations Emily! A little girl will be so fun! How crazy, though, that on the Adams side there is only girl grandbabies. She'll be a doll. I can't wait to see what you name her!