And So It Begins

One week of student teaching down! I must admit, I am feeling a little bewildered today as I look at my "To Do" list.  Although our mentor teachers were advised to have us observe the first 2-3 weeks, Gwen has already handed over 6 of her classes to me and I will be in charge of all of their grading/management/lesson planning and teaching starting on Monday.  This also includes 3 different lesson plans every day, my 2 night classes and finishing my 3 online classes.  AH!  Besides feeling a little swamped, I already am enjoying my time at Pine View.  The kids are great and have been so nice about my prego belly already!  I'm sure once I get into the swing of things I will love this experience.  My mentor teacher is awesome and so supportive.  With her stern control with the kids and my "peppiness" per say, I think we'll make a good team.



In other happenings, Burke brought me flowers, chocolate eggs AND rented Step Up 3 (even though he had NO desire to see it and it turned out lame) completely out of the blue yesterday - made me cry (the thoughtfulness, not the film).

These are pictures from a recent meander on top of Dixie Rock.  No, I did not know Burke was taking those pictures of my behind. 

Beautiful, sunshine days this week.  I am happy.

Comments

I went to Pine View. who is your mentor teacher? I loved it there! Good luck with that. I'm sure you are and will do wonderfully!
Anonymous said…
Proud of you sis!!!