Mo-Tab Christmas Concert

One of my all time favorite things about the holidays is the Mo-Tab Christmas concert.  Two years ago, Burke and I went to the concert together before driving up to Logan for him to meet the fam...what an exciting time!  Look how little we were. :)


On Friday (Dec 17) we drove to Salt Lake and met the family at the Kirby house before driving like the wind towards downtown to find parking.  We were running a little late and ended up getting free parking a good 8 blocks from the conference center with 15 minutes before our seats were given away.  Chelsea, Dixon, Burke and I scurried along - half running in high heels, freezing our tushes off when suddenly my nausea decided to strike hard.  I HAD to throw up and with nothing but gutters around, that's where I started to yak!  It was awful and hilarious at the same time!  Run 50 yards, throw up for 5 seconds, run 50 yards, throw up for 5 seconds.  I probably threw up a total of 5 or 6 times!  SO embarrassing, but we were in too much of a hurry to worry about who saw me.

We got in line and found Mom and Tasha just in time!  I was so excited about this concert this year, not only because Dad may retire from the choir soon and it may be one of the last times we get to support his wonderful associations with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, but also because of the special guest artist...little David Archuleta!


I have to admit, I was a little giddy when he came on stage (to the great chagrin of my hubby), but I resisted the urge to cat call! :)  I was so impressed by this little pop star's humility and the obvious honor he felt to be singing with the choir.  The concert was magnificent as always and I was so pleased that Papa was well enough to participate.  The Mo-Tab truly are incredible.


After the concert, we made our way out into the chilly night air just as I became overwhelmed with sickness yet again.  Frantic, I looked at Burke with wide eyes who pointed to a gutter next to a parked cop car.  With no time to think, I ran for the gutter and tossed what little food I had left into the street.  *Whimper*


The lights on Temple Square were gorgeous as always, but we rushed to the parking garage to meet Dad and only snapped a few quick pictures.  Burke and I drove back to the Kirby's house, stopping at the neighboring engineer's house who has managed to coordinate the flashing lights around his yard with Christmas carols on his own radio frequency.  Now that's some serious dedication to the holidays!


Though I still felt sick to my stomach (and heaved one more time before bed), I was so happy to be surrounded by the fam, chatting and laughing at our snowman representations the kids had made that day.  Can you guess which one was me?


Prego awesome-ness!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Fun! I wanted to go to the concert! I usually go every year... :)

Your dad is retiring from the choir? I always got excited when I saw him- Id tell everyone,"That's my friends dad!" lololol I love temple square at Christmas. My dad works in the church office building- id love to be that close.