Burkie's Quilt

For quite some time I have been desperate to get Burke to stop wearing T-shirts from his high school sporting days.  It's not that I'm against his PHS pride, but when the football t's are starting to look like tattered belly shirts, it's time to retire that little number.  However, I didn't want to make him DI his sentimental links to the past, so I decided I would try to make a quilt so he could treasure them forever.  Our first several days in Logan I reached the zenith of pregnancy sickness, with the 24 hour flu on top of it all, resulting in 11 throw-ups on Sunday (Dec 19) and several days of incredible weakness where we were housebound - perfect for learning to sew! :)


Before we chopped into anything, Burke made me take pictures to document his garb of 10+ years.  Can you tell he was a little somber about the idea?  As I am NOT a crafty person, nor have I sewn anything since my skiwampus stuffed lizard in 6th grade Home Economics, I relied 95% on my sister, Chelsea, Burke and my mother to make this quilt come into being.  It took a week to finish, but I was pretty pleased with the final outcome of my first quilt.  Thankfully, so was Burke!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Em,

Just catching up on your blog posts :) (I've been absent from blogger for a few months)...

i can't believe all that has been going on! You are preggers!?!?!!? Congrats!!! :) I am soooo happy for you!! :) :) :)