P-Town: Pre-Christmas

On Wednesday (Dec 15) I finished my last blasted final and heaved a huge sigh of relief.  It had been rough taking such a demanding semester while feeling so nauseous every day and I was grateful to leave campus after that last final, knowing that I had almost a full month to recover before student teaching.

On Thursday (Dec 16) we packed our bags and headed up north to Parowan for Burke to work on the farm for a day and to support Brett at his band concert.  Look at that fro-headed saxophone player!


Burke is very proud of his P-Town and took us on a tour of his recently remodeled high school to show me all his memorable spots - or where they used to be.


When we got home Nellie and Chev had arrived for the night!  Marie and Alan gave a series of gifts for the Twelve Days of Christmas to each of the families and the gift we opened that night was our very own chime set!  We had fun playing Christmas carols by hitting the pipes Alan cut perfectly at varied lengths to make different pitches.  You can see they are all very concentrated on playing at the right time!  

Burke worked through the morning the following day and after lunch we headed north to spend our second married Christmas in Logan with my family!

Comments

Unknown said…
emily! I have cousins that went to parowan and we used to go visit them all the time. Maybe your husband knows them, they're the Coxes, Caytee and Jon.
loving all of your updates :)
Anonymous said…
I thought this was Price for a second... when I was going to CEU we called Price P-Town. lolol but remembered that he's from Parowan. How fun :)