Christmas

Alright, I'm a little burned out on blogging, so I will briefly wrap up Christmas with the Bush family.  It was a lovely Christmas morning with lots of happy campers on all sides.  I was most excited by the bookshelf I have been wanting for our office for a while now.


I think it is safe to say that THIS was definitely Burke's favorite present.  Nothing says "I love you" like your very own version of the arcade game "Big Buck Hunter."  Yep, I'm a good wife. :)


This was my favorite part of the day - soaking in potentially the last big Bush Christmas together.


  Over our next few precious days there were a lot of games: Risk (where I was a dangerous Neanderthal of Death!), Shut the Box, Banana Grams, Quirkle, WWF on the N64, and lots of time on the new Wii Nintendo that even DAD got sucked into!


Lots of yummy meals.


Lots of playing with cousins.


As well as with Winston,  Gabe and Ellen's "baby" - a 50 pound bulldog who Burke has completely fallen in love with.  If Burke is as doting on our kid as he was with that dog, we'll be in good shape.


On Monday (Dec 27) the brother-in-laws and Amy went skiing after a good snow storm where Burke had a bad fall and bruised his ribs.  They are still tender, two weeks later!  While they were on the mountain the sisters and kids went sledding while I went out to lunch with my good friend Katie.  A good time was had by all.  On Tuesday (Dec 28) we had an early morning temple session with the family.  It was the first time we have done a session in the beautiful Logan temple since I was endowed there almost 2 years ago.  I loved being with everyone and even though we had been in Logan longer than any other visit since our marriage, I was sad to leave that afternoon and head south.  It had been a wonderful holiday and I am just so grateful that we were able to be there with as much family as possible.  Thanks to everyone who made such a beautiful Christmas possible!


Comments

Anonymous said…
beautiful memories :) Glad you are able to record them with photos and blog posts :)