Le Resistance

Taking pictures has always been lots of fun for me and one day I hope to take a photography class to get better at it.  When we were in Paris this past summer, the camera was constantly glued to my hip and I was forever clicking away.  After a hundred shots of old buildings however, I would want to throw in a shot of me and Burke to document that we were, in fact, actually there.  He was a pretty good sport about it for the first week or so.


But this type of "hold the camera right in front of you and shoot" pictures are among his top peeves.  He always makes fun of people who have an entire Facebook album full of shots of just their faces smiling.  "You can't even tell where they are!"  he would mock.  As time went on and my picture fetish continued, his "Le Resistance" began to build.


It was subtle at first: eyes closed, half smile, or blank eyes.  Yet this morning as I went through our pictures from the trip, I found myself laughing my head off at the amount of disgruntled close up shots I found that I hadn't noticed before.  I'm afraid I can't deny it anymore...I have a full on rebellion on my hands!


I suppose it's time to kiss the close-up face shot goodbye.  Maybe it's for the best.


Comments

Liv Blair said…
Haha that is hilarious!