I'm A Sap - What's New?

So yes, we all know it's pretty easy to tug at my heart strings.  I turn sentimental at the drop of a hat.  I remember as kids my siblings and I would roll our eyes and groan when Mom would be reading along at morning scripture study and suddenly burst into tears (inexplicably to us) at a verse talking about faith, or trials, or our Savior, or really anything that touched her heart that morning.

Guess what?  I do that same thing now.  And I can't blame it on pregnancy, because it started a couple of years ago.  For example, my Dad writes a weekly letter in the mail that I absolutely cherish.  Each week I read them aloud to Burke and almost every single week I have to stop and pass him the letter because I am getting too chocked up to read without crying.  Apparently I have a little whimper/loud waver of the voice that I do when this happens as if the noise will somehow block the emotion.  "Why do you DO that?!" Burke always asks, laughing as he takes the page from my hands and finishes reading the letter.

Well, recently I have found or rediscovered some beautiful "Mommy" songs that I love listening to, but they also make me weepy when I try to sing along.  The other night Burke came in the office to find me listening to a bunch of these tender songs with tears streaming down my cheeks.  "Why do you DO that?!" He asks with a combination of exasperation and humor in his voice, all the while bending down to give me a bear hug and pat my belly.  I think he secretly thinks my over-emotional side is endearingly ridiculous.

Here are my two favorites if you want to listen to them and make yourself cry.  Burke figured out how to play this first one ("Hourglass" by Mindy Gledhill) on the guitar and we sing it regularly now (we just change the words from little boy to little girl).  The second, "Capri" by Colbie Caillat, has been a favorite for a few years now, but it is so much more tender when you're prego.  Hope you like them!

Comments

Liv Blair said…
So sweet! I am a cryer too. It has become much worse since I got married for some reason. I guess it's those big moments in our lives when we realize how wonderful life is and we become more emotional and grateful for things.
Anonymous said…
Awww Em you are the cutest little thing ever! :) I get choked up all the time too...whats with this? ha I watch American Idol and if if someone gets through to Hollywood I start crying because Im so happy for them hahaha! I can't believe I just admitted that. But I love ya :) And I'm so happy youre going to be a mommy soon- ill listen to those songs :) and try not to cry :) Love ya!